The Blog: Expedition to Vietnam

I invite you to join me as virtual members of a scientific expedition to Vietnam! I have been awarded a fellowship from the Earthwatch Institute to study butterflies in the tropical forests of Northern Vietnam. Check out the Butterflies of Vietnam Expedition website to find out more!

During the week of May 14-18, I will be in the Tam Dao National Park in Vietnam capturing, documenting, and studying butterflies. I will hold two live classes via a satelite phone. In addition, you will be able to follow my progress and ask me questions on a daily basis using the blog below.

The blog on this website has been created in order to allow Mr. Bucs' students, friends, and community to share in his experience in Vietnam. Please focus your comments and questions on the expedition.

Slideshow: Butterflies of Vietnam

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thank You!

Thanks to all of my students for your thoughtful questions! I’m really enjoying the process of reading your comments and questions and sharing with you what I have learned so far. Also, it was great talking to you on the satelite phone today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

from 7J
we released the butterflys today!
it was SOOOO cool!
we filmed it to show you when you get home!
:)
alora

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.Bucs its everyone from 8M. We had a fun time talking to you on the phone and it sounds like you are having a great time. I know we were suppost to post you some questions but we asked you all your questions on the phone, and we cant wait to hear more when you come back. We hope you took a lot of pictures because we can't wait to see everything. We will see you soon.
Sincerly
Laura, Luke Bryan, Bishko, Mark, Conor, Thomas, Cody, Allyson, Caitlin, Alyssa, Haley, Jake, AJ, Court, Tad, Mike, Jared, Dwight!!

Jeff Bucs said...

I had a great time talking to you from the other side of the world! I have all kind of pictures and videos to share. I've had an incredible time - an adventure really. I look forward being back home in easthampton and seeing all of you!