The Blog: Expedition to Vietnam

I invite you to join me as virtual members of a scientific expedition to Vietnam! I have been awarded a fellowship from the Earthwatch Institute to study butterflies in the tropical forests of Northern Vietnam. Check out the Butterflies of Vietnam Expedition website to find out more!

During the week of May 14-18, I will be in the Tam Dao National Park in Vietnam capturing, documenting, and studying butterflies. I will hold two live classes via a satelite phone. In addition, you will be able to follow my progress and ask me questions on a daily basis using the blog below.

The blog on this website has been created in order to allow Mr. Bucs' students, friends, and community to share in his experience in Vietnam. Please focus your comments and questions on the expedition.

Slideshow: Butterflies of Vietnam

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hanoi


Hanoi is the largest city in Northern Vietnam. It is not a modern city. There are no modern office buildings or high rises. Hanoi is a city which is buzzing with activity - a place where agricultural tradition meets cosmopolitan city life. It's not unusual to see a cow walking the streets or a farmer harvesting rice on the outskirts of the city. It was the anniversary of Ho Chi Mihn's birth (founding father of communism in Vietnam) on the weekend I was in Hanoi. It was also voting day. The picture above shows a typical street in Hanoi. Observe the many flags decorating the street in observance of the holiday and the voting station on the right.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It agree, a useful phrase

Anonymous said...

What words... super, an excellent idea


I know a site with answers to a theme interesting you. Hot Health

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you post, intention look progressive in the direction of more interdependent articles promptly as its one of my pick question to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.